Wiltshire County Junior Order of Merit For 2023
The Wiltshire County Junior Order of Merit is a barometer which allows players to measure their performance in competitive play against their peers over the season. The challenge to play consistently good golf over several different types of golf courses is far greater than playing over the same course week in week out. This fact is recognised by the county team managers and coaches, which is why information from the order of merit is used as part of the county junior squads selection process.
- Competitors must be members of a golf club affiliated to Wiltshire Golf Ltd
- Competitors must have a official handicap index registered on the England Golf CDH Database . This handicap must be 24.0 or below for boys and 31.0 or below for girls.
- Competitors must be eligible to play for Wiltshire as defined by Wiltshire Golf Ltd
- Competitors must be under 18 years of age on 1st January 2023.
- The top 20 gross and net scores in each of four age groups u18, u16, u14,u12 will be allocated points as follows: 1st 40 points. 2nd 30 points. 3rd 24points. 4th 20points. 5th 17points. 6th 15points. 7th 14points. 8th 13points. 9th12points. 10th 11points, and so on down to 20th place which will receive 1 point. There are no separate age groups in the girls section.
- In the event of tied places each player will get the same points as if they had finished in that position on their own.
- A player’s best 6 results will make up the final order of merit table.
- Players can play in more than 6 qualifying events but only their best 6 results will count. The more events you play in the more chance you have to improve your final total.
- OOM points are only available for competitions listed on the OOM fixture list.
- Some competitions have both medal and stableford sections OOM points are awarded for the medal part only.
- Players must return a completed gross score to qualify for OOM points.
- Points wil not be awarded for ‘No Return’ scores.
- Entry for the order of merit is FREE, but players are responsible for submitting their own entry form for each qualifying event and paying their own entry fees for each qualifying event.
- Players will be entered into both gross and nett but can only win one prize.
All Wiltshire squad players on the Wiltshire County Junior Golf Programme are automatically entered, providing they meet the handicap criteria. Players who are not part of the Wiltshire County Junior Golf Programme can enter providing they meet the required criteria by sending an email to:
email@example.com giving the following details: Name, Date of Birth, Age, Club, contact email address or postal address if you do not have an email address.
Entry for the order of merit is FREE, but players are responsible for paying their own entry fees for each qualifying event.
Players will be entered into both gross and nett but can only win one prize.